When you treasure something, like growing your orchids in Brooklyn, you go to great lengths to take care of it. If beautiful, exotic orchids are something you covet, help them thrive once they’re in your home.
At Lucy’s Flowers, owner Lucy celebrates orchids in NYC and takes pride in sourcing, collecting, and growing them for the enjoyment of others. Here, we outline some basic care guidelines for you to follow that apply to most types of orchids:
- Light – Orchids love indirect light and lots of it. Avoid putting them in direct sun.
- Water – Orchids need a good watering once a week when it’s cooler and twice a week when it’s warmer. Be careful that the water drains completely from the bottom of the pot so that the plant is not standing in water.
- Fertilizer – Growing orchids require fertilizer to give them the best start.
- Air – An environment that provides gentle air circulation is recommended.
- Humidity – Most orchids like a little moisture in the air. Very dry environments can be harmful.
- Temperature – Daytime temperature should be between 65°- 75°F, the nighttime temperature should be a few degrees cooler.
There are many kinds of orchids that require different light or temperature levels. Lucy’s Flowers will not only supply you with the type of orchids you are looking for but will advise you on the specific conditions it needs so that it can grow the best orchids in brooklyn. We offer a full range of species and hybrids — both old favorites and exciting new introductions. Find out more by contacting us today.