“These flowers are like the pleasures of the world,” William Shakespeare so eloquently coined. Indeed, they are one of Mother Nature’s finest inventions, coming in a variety of shapes, colors and sizes, and spreading happiness to those who glance upon them.
It only makes sense then, that on one of the happiest days of the year — a wedding day — that flowers figure prominently as part of the celebration. At our Brooklyn Flower Shop, Lucy’s Flowers, head designer and owner, Lucy, is passionate about the art of floral design. She and her team have many years of experience in creating fresh and inventive floral displays for weddings and other special events.
Choosing which flowers to include in your wedding can be daunting, so here we offer you some of the most popular choices — and when you can find them.
1. Peonies: When in season, these delicate, ruffled petals are perfect for romantic bouquets and come in a wide variety of colors. Season: spring through early summer
2. Garden Roses: These are fragrant roses that have been bred with a denser petal count than your average standard rose, resulting in a fuller, more romantic look. Season: spring and summer
3. Anemones: With delicate petals and bold, dark centers, anemones come in many colors including pink, deep purpose burgundy and blue. But by far the most popular are the black and white variety. Season: early winter through early summer
4. Ranunculi: A beautiful bloom with delicate, tissue-thin petals. They’re versatile and look great in bouquets as well as table centerpieces.
Season: late winter to early summer
5. Hydrangeas: These fluffy, cloud-like blooms come in a variety of colors and make a big statement — whether they stand-alone or are mixed with other types of flowers. Season: year-round but peaking in spring and summer
At Lucy’s Flowers, knowledge and artistry combine to create the floral vision each client wants — and making Lucy’s Flowers one of the most sought after event florists in the NYC area. Call today for a free consultation or for more information.